Remote codes are specific numerical values that enable you to control your television. The remote control sends the specific code to the TV, and the TV reacts accordingly, depending on the code.
You can use the Sanyo TV remote codes on this page to help you program your remote control, which will give you access to the full functionality of your Sanyo TV.
If you have a universal remote that you want to use with your Sanyo TV, but you don’t have the remote codes – you’re in the right place!
Where To Find Sanyo Remote Codes
You can dig around and try to find remote codes on Sanyo’s website, or in the manual that came with your remote and possibly in the manual for your Sanyo TV self. You could also contact Sanyo’s customer support line to get the specific remote codes that you need…
But you won’t have to do any of that, because we’ve got the coders for you right here.
We’ve done our best to collect and compile as many Sanyo TV remote codes as possible, but keep in mind that different remotes may require different codes to unlock their ability to control a Sanyo TV.
List of Sanyo TV Remote Codes
The most common universal remote control code for a Sanyo TV is 049 so you can try that first.
- Other common remote codes for Sanyo: 1045, 1062, 1095, 1380, 0049, 0097, 0110, 0004, 0268, 0012, 0108 and 0180
- GE Universal Remote Codes for Sanyo Televisions: 0049, 0097, 0110, 0004, 0268, 0012, 0108, 0180
- 3 digit remote codes for Sanyo TV’s: 049, 054, 069, 023, 025, 004, 013, 108, 110, 180, 209
- 4 digit remote codes for Sanyo TV’s: 1667, 0208, 1585, 2461, 2676, 0037, 0556, 1037, 1163, 2279, 1208, 0292, 0508, 0373, 0108, 0486, 0170, 0264, 0036, 0370, 0412, 0009
- 5 digit remote codes for Sanyo TV’s: 10088, 10154, 11142, 11362, 13488, 13547, 10146, 10159, 10232, 10484, 10798, 10799,11907, 10054, 10893, 10036, 10107, 14675
- Universal remote codes for Sanyo DVD players: 1919, 0670, 0695, 2393, 0895, 2050, 0896, 0873
- Sanyo soundbar remote codes: 683, 590, 627, 611, 661, 10154, 20047, 30531, 20081, 20149, 30189, 20000, 21781, 10250, 21531, 20149, 20595
You don’t need to enter every single code, just start with the first ones and keep trying until you find the ones that work. Many newer universal remotes will have a function to test the different codes automatically, if you’re doing it manually, you can refer to the codes above.
How To Program Sanyo TV Remote Codes
The exact labels for different menus can vary a little bit from remote to remote, but if you follow along, you’ll get the gist of it.
- POWER ON your Sanyo TV and the remote control you want to program.
- Locate the SETUP button on the remote, press it, and hold it until you see an indication from a light on the remote.
- Use the NUMBERS on your remote to enter in a remote code.
- Press the POWER button on the remote. If the code works, the TV will turn off, letting you know the remote is working. If the code didn’t work (if the TV doesn’t turn off), repeat steps 2 and 3 until you find the correct code.
- Once you’ve found the correct code, press the SETUP button again. This will save the code into your remote, and the indicator light from step 2 should now turn off.
- Take a moment or two and TEST your remote by trying different buttons on the remote and making sure they work. It’s possible that one of the codes listed above will work for certain functions of the remote, but not all of them – this means you have the incorrect code, keep trying.
Troubleshooting Sanyo Remote Codes
If you tried the codes above, and you followed the instructions from the previous section, and it’s still not working, here are some things that you can do to troubleshoot the problem and get things working.
- Check your codes: Make sure you’re using the correct codes for the remote you’re using, and also for the Sanyo TV you’re using. Also, make sure that you’re entering the codes correctly.
- Check the instructions: Remember, you need to start by pressing the SETUP button until you see an indicator light. Then, you enter the code, and then you press setup again. If you don’t follow those steps, you will run into problems when you’re trying to program your remote control for use with a Sanyo TV.
- Check your batteries: This isn’t the most common thing in the world, but it still happens plenty often. Make sure the batteries in your remote control aren’t dead, or close to being fully depleted. If you have some fresh batteries handy, give those a try.
- Check the TV: Make sure the TV is on, and that there isn’t a setting or a mode that prevent you from programming the remote. You’ll want your TV to be in its normal state, and then it shouldn’t give you any issues.
Closing Thoughts On Sanyo TV Remote Codes
Wrapping things up, I want you to know that it’s really not a difficult process to program a remote control. The most difficult part, by far, is finding the correct codes.
Ideally, your remote control will have come with an instruction book that lists all of the codes you can try. Or, better yet, you’ll have a remote that can test out all of the different codes automatically while you wait.
Unfortunately, if you’re here, then it’s safe to assume that you don’t have the manual for your remote, or that it wasn’t working for one reason or another.
It’s important to ensure you’re pressing SETUP (or whatever the equivalent button is on your specific remote) and holding it until a light indicates that your remote is in setup mode, which allows you to test codes and program the remote.